Friday 20 July 2012

New York Style Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis

Week 30, Bake 3o.

I am back home for the summer to help out with my parents B&B. But it also means that I have people to share my baking with so I don't eat it all by myself and get fat. I asked mum and dad what they wanted me to bake whilst I'm here and New York Cheesecake was one of them. So off I popped this morning to get the ingredients and had an afternoon baking. It is lovely to be back in a kitchen where there is not only a dishwasher but an oven which has the temperature markings on it, joy!
Ingredients:
  • 200g of digestive biscuits
  • 75g of melted butter
  • 450g of full fat soft cream cheese
  • 2 large eggs (beaten together)
  • zest of a small orange
  • 90g of caster sugar
  • Assorted berries
  • Raspberries
  • 4 heaped tablespoons of icing sugar plus extra for dusting
Method:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
  2. In a food processor crush the biscuits to make crumbs. Melt the butter then mix it into the biscuits.
  3. Press into a 22cm loose bottom tin, using the base of a glass to press it down firmly.
  4. Refrigerate until you need it.
  5. Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, place the cream cheese, eggs, orange zest and caster sugar and using an electric mixer beat together.
  6. Now pour the mixture over the biscuit base and then carefully place it on a baking tray in the oven.
  7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until there is only a little wobble.
  8. Remove from the oven and cool.
  9. Meanwhile in a saucepan place the raspberries and a small splash of water and simmer until the sauce becomes thickened.
  10. Sieve the sauce into a bowl and then slowly add the 4 tablespoons of icing sugar. Mix and continue adding until it is thick enough to pipe.
  11. Prepare your fruit by taking out the stones and washing them.
  12. Once the cheesecake is cool enough pipe your pattern on it and then arrange your fruit on top with a small dusting of icing sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully garnished!!! Nice to find your blog~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful cake - I love the way you decorated it :)

    ReplyDelete