Sunday 15 January 2012

Chocolate Brownies

Week 3. Bake 3.

So today's bake is one which I rarely make but absolutely LOVE. Chocolate brownies. This is a basic brownie recipe and I have already decided what I am going to add to my brownies next time, so stay tuned for Raspberry Rocky Road Chocolate Brownies...yum! So here is the basic recipe to start from.

Ingredients:
  • 200g of dark cooking chocolate (I used chocolate with 72% solids)
  • 100g of unsalted butter
  • 250g of caster sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
  • 60g of plain flour
  • 60g of cocoa
Method:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c and line a tray bake tin (approx 22 x 22cm)
  2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water - this allows it to melt slowly and not to burn.
  3. Once this has melted, set to one side and allow to cool (as if you add it to the brownie mixture too quickly it will melt the butter).
  4. Now beat the butter and add in the sugar and beat together until light and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes if you are doing it by hand).
  5. Beat the eggs together and then add them to the butter/sugar mixture one tablespoon at a time, beating it all the time.
  6. Now beat in the vanilla essence and the chocolate (which should now be cool enough). Mix well.
  7. Sift the flour and cocoa twice (this will add air to the mixture) and fold it into the brownie mixture.
  8. Now pour the brownie mixture into the lined tin and place into the pre-heated oven and cook for 18-20 minutes.
  9. Once cooked (you can tell as there will be a slight wobble in the centre) leave in the tin to cool.
  10. Once cool, transfer from the tin to a cutting board and cut up the brownies into squares.


Now eat! (Store in an air tight tin for 4-5 days, but they probably wont last that long).


And just when I had finshed making my brownies I saw my cat sunggled up in one of my vintage bags... so cute.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment